In 1879 Fr. Paul LaRocque erected the Cuban chapel, Nuestra Senora de la Caridad del Cobre, on Duval Street. Unable to continue staffing it, the chapel was closed in 1898 and in 1915, Fr. McDonald had it removed and placed on the church grounds where it served as the first official parish residence. Later it was renamed St. Ann's Hall and used as the parish meeting hall. Today it is renovated and serves as our parish gift shop. Profits from the gift shop go to support The Basilica School. The gift store also sells the complete history of the parish, Star of the Sea, a history of the Basilica St. Mary Star of the Sea.