back Actions...

5. The Cupola

- Audio -

This structure was the crown on top of the original convent building designed by William Kerr and constructed in 1876. It was removed intact and sold to a builder on the island. For many years it served as a ticket concession and was the entrance for a local nightclub, The Monster (now Hog's Breath), on Front Street. It was returned to the church and refurbished to serve as a gazebo and a reminder of the splendor that once stood on these grounds.